Embroidery & Garment Upcycling at Fabrications
Use embroidery to upcycle!
This is a fun full-day embroidery workshop that will provide everything you need to start your adventure into the wild world of hand-embroidery.
The focus of this workshop is both on learning a selection of stitches ideal for upcycling garments, and techniques that will allow you to use embroidery as a tool to give your wardrobe a wonderful, magic, exciting new life.
Started in 2017 this full-day workshop is in partnership with Fabrications, in Broadway Market (London).
At a glance
- In the morning you'll learn at least 6 stitches using a fun handprinted zero waste totebag sampler (check the inspo behind the Magic Totebag here!).
- You'll also be provided with a starter kit which includes Anchor Threads, needles, 6" hoop, and of course, magic totebag sampler.
- You'll receive two downloadable PDF with visual instructions to take home, whilst using the paper versions in the class.
- In the afternoon you'll learn basic transfer methods.
- We'll discuss different upcycling techniques based on fabrics and styles and garment contruction.
- You'll be provided with design ideas through samples
- You'll get a short 1:1 session to direct you where you want to with your upcycling project for a more personalised upcycling experience.
- All materials needed are provided, but you must bring your own garment!
Note: Please bring an item made from a stable fabric for the afternoon. Netting and organza will be turned down. Sorry!